Abbotts’ Construction Services, Inc.

(941) 486-8137

3508 Laurel Road E.

Nokomis FL 34275

Septic FAQ

Do you do pump outs?

Yes, just call our office with your location and size of septic tank and our secretary will be able to give you a price. Don’t worry if you don’t know how big the septic tank is, there are other ways of determining this based on the size of the house and the number of bedrooms and bathrooms.

How often should my septic tank be pumped?

There are many variables that determine how often your septic tank will need to be pumped, but a good rule of thumb is every three to five years for regular maintenance.

How do I know if my septic tank needs to be pumped?

If you are experiencing backups there is always the possibility that your problem is not with the septic tank and could actually be a clog in your plumbing. If you’re not sure consider the last time your system was pumped, was it within the last 3 – 5 years? Also, have you been experiencing heavy rains? If our company discovers that your septic tank does not need to be pumped and that your problem is actually with the plumbing you will be charged a service fee rather than the full amount you were quoted.

Do I have to be home when you come to pump my septic tank?

No, if you will not be available for the pump out you can pay us with a credit card over the phone.

Are you able to snake drain lines if my backup is due to a plumbing issue?

No, you must be a certified plumber to snake drain lines.

Do you pump grease traps?

No, grease must be pumped separate from septic material because it has to be dumped at a different location.

Do you repair septic systems?

Yes, Abbotts’ repairs all types of systems including lift stations.

Do you install lift stations?

Yes, call our office for a free estimate.

Do you install grease traps?

Yes, even though we do not pump grease traps we will install new systems.

Do you service Aerobic Treatment Units?

Yes, our company is certified to install and maintain Aqua Aire and Aqua Safe Aerobic Treatment Units.

If I have an Aerobic Treatment Unit other than Aqua Aire or Aqua Safe can you service or pump my unit?

No, contractors must be certified by the manufacturer to service their Aerobic Treatment Units. We are not certified to service or maintain any other type of systems. The easiest way to find out who is certified to services your aerobic treatment unit is to call your health department and ask for a list of qualified maintenance entities for your type of unit.

Can I get a one-year maintenance agreement for my Aerobic Treatment Unit?

Only under certain circumstances. The Health Department does not allow home owners to purchase a one year Operating Permit, the Operating Permit must be two years. We generally prefer the Maintenance Agreement and Operating Permit to coincide.

Do you do septic engineering?

No, sometimes if you are repairing an existing septic system you will not need to hire an engineer to design your system; but if you are installing a system for a new residence you must provide septic engineering from a certified septic tank engineer to receive an accurate price. In order to avoid delays have your septic tank engineering ready before you call for you installation estimate.

Do I have to have septic engineering?

Yes, if you are installing a new septic system for new construction you will be required by the state to obtain septic tank engineering.

Do you do Real Estate inspections for septic tanks?

Yes, this is a service we provide.

Why do you recommend pumping the septic tank for a real estate inspection?

The only way to certify the condition of a septic tank is to empty it. If the tank is full during the inspection it will be impossible to know if the tank is cracked or corroded.

Why is my septic tank corroding?

All septic tanks naturally produce Methane Gas. The Methane eats away the concrete and in time can cause an open hole in your septic tank.

Do you offer septic financing?

We do not offer financing. If you are in need of financing contact Admirals Bank at (401)248-7352 or visit their website at